Format & Call Letters
Classic Hits - WLKR 92.9 FM
92.9 WLKR Classic is the music that stands the test of time.
92.9 WLKR Classic plays the best of pop, soul, and rock n' roll from the ‘60s, `70s, and `80s. This format plays feel-good music, hosted by outstanding personalities who talk about what's timely and topical.
92.9 WLKR Classic listeners grew up with the best music from the greatest decades in rock and it's the perfect radio station for advertisers to reach a unique affluent adult demographic audience.
92.9 WLKR Classic targets affluent Adults 35 to 64, with a 45 to 60 code audience. These consumers have purchasing power!
92.9 WLKR Classic Playlist: plays songs from the1960s through the 1980s.Superstar core artists include Elton John, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, Eagles, Stevie Wonder, Rolling Stones, Doobie Brothers, Earth, Wind, & Fire, Fleetwood Mac, Hall & Oates, U2, Paul McCartney, Foreigner, Queen, Steve Miller Band, Rod Stewart, CCR, Beatles, ELO, Bob Seger, Police, David Bowie, The Who, Supertramp, Blondie, Cars and more.
92.9 WLKR Classic one of the most powerful performing formats for advertisers today!
92.9 WLKR Classic is the four-state region's home for the Greatest Hits of All Time. Our large coverage area includes the Firelands region of north-central Ohio (Huron County & surrounding areas).
92.9 WLKR Classic features local news, sports & weather with Josh Bowman & Brandon Helman, Community Calendar, Norwalk 4th of July Parade broadcast, OSU Ryan Day Call-In Show, Big 10 Today, NASCAR Today & Garage Pass and the Indy Car Racing Series.
92.9 WLKR Classic delivers listeners with a high disposable income in their prime spending years.
92.9 WLKR Classic has demographic appeal with affluent consumers who have purchasing power!
Gender: 92.9 WLKR Classic audience is slightly more male than female. Almost 55% of Classic Hits listeners in America are male while over 45% are female.
Age: 92.9 WLKR Classic targets listeners in the prime 35-64 age group, America's most affluent demographic. The Classic Hits format delivers a higher composition among its adult 55-64 listeners by a wide margin over all other formats.
Age Composition: Over 75% of Classic Hits listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
- Almost 30% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- Over 25% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 55 to 64 years old.
- Almost 15% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 65+.
- Over 12% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- Almost 10% of Classic Hits listeners are adults 25-34 years old.
Household Income: Classic Hits listeners in America have high earning power.
- Over 30% of Classic Hits listeners in America have an income of over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Classic Hits listeners in America has an income of $50,000 -$74,999.
- Over 26% of Classic Hits listeners in America has an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
- Over 55% of Classic Hit listeners have an annual household income of over $50,000 a year.
Spending: 92.9 WLKR Classic targets affluent listeners with retail purchasing power.
Occupation Profile: 92.9 WLKR Classic targets individuals who are employed fulltime in a variety of occupations including owner, manager, professional, clerical, trade, skilled sales, and technical.
Education: 92.9 WLKR Classic listeners are well educated.
- Over 27% are College graduates.
- Over 32% have attended community college.
- Over 34% have a high school diploma.
92.9 WLKR Classic listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
92.9 WLKR Classic delivers listeners with purchasing power.
92.9 WLKR Classic targets affluent homeowners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years:
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
Reach customers with high spending power on 92.9 WLKR Classic.
92.9 WLKR Classic Listeners
92.9 WLKR Classic is designed to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skincare products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and woman's shoes and accessories.
Investments: 92.9 WLKR Classic targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activities: 92.9 WLKR Classic attracts listeners who are very active participating in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, fishing, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events music concerts, bars and restaurants.
Get your message out to thousands of potential new customers each week with 92.9 WLKR Classic.
We Target The Most Powerful Demographic Force In American History
Every year, the U.S. Consumer Expenditure Survey shows adults 55-64 outspend the average consumer in nearly every category, from food, household furnishing, entertainment, personal care, gifts, etc.
- Boomers will make-up HALF of the entire U.S. population by 2017.
- Boomers control HALF of the nation’s aggregate household spending.
- Adults 50+ will continue to be the most powerful consumers in the marketplace.
-The US Census shows the senior age group is for the first time the largest in terms of size and percent of the population in the U.S.
-Over the next 30 years, the 65+ population will be larger than the younger generations.
-The 50+ population has $2.4 trillion in annual income, which accounts for 42% of all after-tax income in the U.S. (Consumer Expenditure Survey).
-Boomers and seniors have a net worth 3x that of younger generations (Economic Policy Institute).
-Baby boomers account for nearly $230 billion, or 55% of consumer packaged goods sales (Nielsen).
-Boomers spend $157 billion on trips every year (NextAvenue).
-Americans 50+ account for half of all consumer spending.
-Boomers outspend younger adults online 2:1 on a per-capita basis (Forrester).
92.9 WLKR Classicdelivers listeners with a high disposable income in their prime spending years.
92.9 WLKR Classic Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here