Format & Call Letters
Country - WKFM 96.1
“Your Country” – K96 plays a broad selection of popular country music, mixed with upbeat personalities, along with the hottest sport today – NASCAR!
K96 targets affluent listeners 25 to 54 years old with the core audience in the 35-45 demographic. The Country Music format year to year continues to remain one of the most popular music formats in America today and one of the best performing formats for advertisers.
We play Country Music! K96 listeners tune in to hear artists such as Lady Antebellum, Tim McGraw, Zac Brown Band, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley, Shania Twain, Toby Keith, George Strait, Brooks and Dunn, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, and many more.
The K96 Country music format is quickly becoming a very popular at work choice for listeners.
K96 allows advertisers to reach a large affluent active consumer group in their prime spending years that can’t be reached with any other station.
K96 has a wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age: K96 targets Affluent Adults in the 25-54 age group. 58.5% of K96 listeners are between the ages of 25-54.
- Over 20% of Country listeners in America are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- Almost 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- Over 15% of Country listeners in America are adults 25-34 years old.
Gender: K96 Country has 51.3% Female listeners and 48.7% male.
Household Income: K96 listeners have high earning power.
- Over 25% of Country listeners in America have an income of over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Country listeners in America have an income of $50,000 - $74,999.
- Almost 30% of Country listeners in America have an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
K96 delivers affluent consumers with high disposable income.
Occupation: K96 listeners are employed as Owners, Managers, or Professionals, employed as Tradespeople, employed in the Sales and Service industry, and are employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Education: K96 listeners are well educated.- Over 16 % Completed College or more.
- Almost 35% Have completed some college.
- Almost 40% Completed high school.
The K96 Country music format continues to be one of the top-rated local formats for advertisers.
K96 listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
K96 targets homeowners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years:
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects (s)
The K96 is targeted to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
K96 Listeners Are Active Consumers
K96 targets affluent consumers with high disposable income.
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo), and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skincare products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month. - In the past year purchased men's and women's clothing, infant and children's clothing, men's and woman's shoes, and accessories.
Investments: K96 targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: K96 attracts listeners who are very active participating in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, hunting, ATVing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
Get your message out to over 65,500 thousand potential new customers each week with K96.
K96 Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here
Elyria Lorain Broadcasting Co. certifies that its advertising sales agreements do not discriminate on the
basis of race or ethnicity and that all such agreements held by stations contain nondiscrimination clauses.